How to Incorporate Efficient, Healthy Protein Sources Into the Food Matrix
Pronativ® native whey protein is one of the most efficient protein sources with scientifically-proven benefits. It can be incorporated into protein products while offering a smaller protein quantity per serving, better nutritional functionality, and a better taste while remaining accessible.
However, using and incorporating Pronativ® minimally processed protein in various food matrix requires some technical expertise as it might be more challenging than using other commodity proteins (milk proteins and traditional cheese whey proteins). While whey protein is widely used under powder format for sports and active lifestyle population and that’s why we have clinical studies comparing the nutritional efficient of Pronativ® vs Whey protein. We also compared Pronativ® vs other proteins as we see more casein based proteins (milk proteins, caseinates, micellar caseins) being used in ready format (drinks, pouches, creams) as it’s technically easier (more stable through processing and heat treatments).
For bar applications whey protein and milk protein (caseins) are typically used in combination due to texture and hardness challenges. If you don’t take into account the nutritional benefit of Pronativ® and the fact it’s a more efficient protein it might be challenging to see and understand its added value. That’s why in our technical paper we made some comparisons not only looking into grams of proteins but taking into account the nutritional quality of the protein so you can see the positive impacts in term of: nutritional benefit, taste improvement, costs, and clean label positioning.
Sample Instant Powder Formulations
A powder instant formula is a native whey protein powder that can be added into any drink or recipe since it’s adapted to transform its taste and benefits. And when looking at Pronativ powder vs. standard whey protein powder, here are the main differences:
- Pronativ, whether clear-based or milky-based, is minimally processed. Benefits include: activating muscle protein synthesis, initiating fast muscle recovery, and improving immunity, digestion, and muscle functions.
- Standard whey protein, whether clear-based or milky-based, typically goes through cheese or acid whey processing. The main benefit is activating muscle protein synthesis since it’s a fast absorption protein.
A look at Pronativ Protein & Greens concept
Our latest concept, Pronativ® Protein & Greens, is a versatile native whey protein powder that can be easily adapted to transform its taste and benefits. Each Protein & Greens concept is made from cold-filtered, farm-fresh milk and is rich in all the vitamins and minerals your body needs for muscle protein synthesis and proper recovery after a workout.
The three flavors include: Coconut Banana, which gives energy; Apple Pineapple Ginger, which helps digestion; and Berry Apple, which improves recovery.
What is a ready-to-drink formulation?
A ready-to-drink formulation is a native whey protein powder that’s added to a drink. The nutrient-dense protein is full of all the antioxidants needed to help digestion. When looking at Pronativ beverages vs. standard whey protein beverages vs. casein-based protein beverages, here are the main differences:
- Pronativ, whether acid-clear or neutral/opaque, is minimally processed. Benefits include: activating muscle protein synthesis, initiating fast muscle recovery, and improving immunity, digestion, and muscle functions.
- Acid-clear standard whey proteins typically go through cheese or acid whey processing. The main benefit is activating muscle protein synthesis since it’s a fast absorption protein.
- Neutral/opaque casein-based proteins are minimally processed. They’re also a slow-absorption protein that activates muscle protein synthesis.
A look at Pronativ protein shake and protein energizer concepts.
The Pineapple Coconut Protein Shake is one of our latest concepts. It’s a nutrient-dense drink that’s made with real fruit and Pronativ, which is a complete protein with 9 essential amino acids that make the shake easy to digest. Our Coffee Lemon Protein Energizer gives a caffeinated boost with 10g of protein and only 52 calories.
What is a ready-to-eat formulation?
Ready-to-eat formulations are food-based protein supplements. They serve as a great post-workout snack while also supplying enough protein to activate muscle protein synthesis. When looking at Pronativ snacks vs. standard whey protein snacks vs. casein-based protein snacks, it’s important to understand the difference.
- Pronativ, whether a fruit snack, pudding, yogurt, or gel, is minimally processed. Benefits include: activating muscle protein synthesis, initiating fast muscle recovery, and improving immunity, digestion, and muscle functions.
- A standard whey protein gel typically goes through cheese or acid whey processing. The main benefit is activating muscle protein synthesis since it’s a fast absorption protein.
- Casein-based protein fruit snacks, puddings, and yogurts are minimally processed. They’re also a slow-absorption protein that activates muscle protein synthesis.
A look at Pronativ® Pocket Protein concept.
Our Pronativ® Pocket Protein concept is made with pure native whey protein that provides powerful nutrients and a delicious taste. Our nutrient-dense protein has 9 amino acids, so you don’t have to overload your body with 20 to 30 grams of protein per serving – 10 to 15 grams. It has a jelly-like texture that feels light and fragrant. Its refreshing taste comes from natural fruit flavors, and it’s in a squeezable pouch, so no cups or utensils are needed.
Learn more from the experts.
How Pronativ positively impacts muscle protein synthesis and overall quality of life.
Our latest technical paper Pronativ® | The Essential Nutrient-Rich Protein Missing In Your Product features over a dozen studies from worldwide experts. The scientific data explores the different ways in which nutrient-rich protein products can improve the quality of life of athletes and active lifestyle consumers, and how native whey protein can be incorporated into the food matrix.
Fill out the form below to receive an emailed copy of Pronativ® |The Essential Nutrient-Rich Protein Missing in Your Product